Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Podcasts – 11/25/09

Podcasts have become my primary source of commentated news in the past few months. Podcasters, even journalists, often speak their mind more freely on the show than they do on their website or publication, allowing the listeners to really appreciate what they really think as opposed to what they think will make their bosses happy.

Podcasts, like The Engadget Show and Xbox 360 Fancast, are how I really learn about the world around me that I’m interested in. They give me the same news that I can find on their respective sites, but packaged with discussion which is more helpful for keeping the information in my head as opposed to something I read once and forget.

Not to mention, they serve as edutainment. I haven’t laughed as hard as I did when the Xbox 360 Fancast discussed dropbears in a long time. It was actually a little dangerous because I was driving at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment