Wednesday, November 25, 2009

@Twitter Writing a Blog Post About You – 11/25/09

@Mannheimer I'm thinking I'm going to make my blog post entirely out of tweets for this one.

@Mannheimer Twitter is an amazing networking tool. It lets users follow people they're interested in and be followed by people that like



Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


@Mannheimer them. Unfortunately, the 140 character limit puts some constraints on what a person can say or do

@Mannheimer However, the short size has the potential of forcing users to say exactly what they need to say and nothing more

@Mannheimer I don't understand the purpose of the new lists feature either. I guess it lets users track other users they don't follow but

@Mannheimer why not just follow them? Much like Twitter itself, Twitter's lists solve a problem that doesn't necessarily exist.

@Mannheimer I discovered the mystery of the 140-char limit. It was done to support SMS messaging, according to Wikipedia http://bit.ly/JVsI

@Mannheimer The ability to customize profile page is a nice concept but runs the risks of creating Geocities or MySpace style pages

@Mannheimer Overall, I find it to be an interesting service, but can't shake the feeling of it just being one huge fad.

No comments:

Post a Comment